Construction and engineering
Our construction and engineering practice provides specialist, in-depth expertise for clients across the full spectrum of the construction industry including developers, occupiers, contractors, institutions, banks, consultants and insurers.
We advise on procurement strategies, development agreements, building contracts, professional appointments, warranties, guarantees and bonds, risk and project management and dispute avoidance. In addition, our litigators are able to offer strategic and tactical advice to best protect our clients in the event of a dispute arising.
Our work often involves working closely with the firm's real estate lawyers and we can call on support from specialists elsewhere in the firm to advise on matters such as competition, the EU procurement rules, tax and finance.
Key areas of expertise include:
- Offices and commercial developments: We work with major developers on office schemes, mixed use developments, town centre regeneration and house building. Our experience of different procurement routes and our ability to anticipate the requirements of funders and end users assists the efficient and timely delivery of each project.
- Hotels and leisure: We have particular expertise in the construction of hotels and other leisure developments, acting for developers, end users and funders / investors from the luxury and boutique end of the market to the budget sector.
- Occupiers: We advise a range of office, industrial and retail businesses on the procurement of new build premises and other facilities as well as fitting out and reconfiguration works. This includes clients in the investment banking, distribution, brewing, healthcare and retail sectors.
- Infrastructure and regeneration: Our experience of infrastructure and regeneration projects includes advising on the structuring and development of utility networks and electricity infrastructure, HVDC sub-sea projects, new build renewable energy facilities (along with the construction and operation elements of secondary market investments) and marine works. We advise on EPC, ICC, FIDIC and bespoke forms of contract.
- Education: We have acted for a number of sixth form colleges, higher education establishments, public schools and charitable foundations in relation to both public sector and privately funded development projects.