27 May 2017
Out of site, not mind
In an article for Estates Gazette Angus Dawson considers some of the legal risks associated with off-site manufacturing and provides practical tips on how to tackle them.
Topics covered include:
- dealing with the risk of manufacturer insolvency;
- ensuring that ownership in items transfers to an employer once they have been paid for;
- passing responsibility for loss or damage to the party storing them or the contractor;
- practical steps a contractor administrator or employer's agent should take;
- considering whether additional security is required.
An online version is available on the EG website (subscription required).
Authors More informationRegister your interest