01 December 2015
A double first: DPA published in relation to failure to prevent bribery under section 7 of the Bribery Act 2010
The Serious Fraud Office (SFO) obtained on 30 November 2015 court approval for the first ever Deferred Prosecution Agreement (DPA) under Schedule 17 to the Crime and Courts Act 2013 (in force since 24 February 2014).
In what is a double first, the DPA relates to an alleged offence under Section 7 of the Bribery Act 2010, namely failure to prevent bribery committed by an associated person.
Authors More informationDownloadsRegister your interest
- Alternative asset fund managers
- Banks and alternative lenders
- Executives and business leaders
- Institutional asset managers
- Private companies
- Private equity sponsors
- Public companies
- Real estate investors and developers
- Litigation and dispute resolution
- Financial services and markets disputes and investigations