Our non-contentious construction group currently comprises a partner (Angus Dawson), a senior consultant (Ann Minogue), a senior counsel, six assistants and a professional support lawyer.
The non-contentious construction group sits within the broader real estate group which consists of a further nine partners, a senior counsel and 35 assistants.
The nature of the practice:
We act for a broad range of clients, acting for developers, arts organisations, occupiers, funding institutions and banks.
Our practice covers a broad range of commercial projects (offices, hotels, residential blocks and retail).
Recent deals we have advised on are:
- Redevelopment of BBC TV centre
- Development of new Amazon office headquarters by Brookfield
- Various direct developments and forward fundings for L&G's market leading Build to Rent Fund
- The redevelopment of £400 of private rental sector accommodation.
The nature of the role:
We are looking for a suitable, experienced, UK lawyer with one to two years’ post qualification experience who has excellent academic credentials to join the firm’s existing team. The successful candidate will be involved in high end development projects (both commercial and residential) and providing support on broader real estate transactions.
Duties will include:
- Negotiation of professional appointments, building contracts and related third party rights/collateral warranties on high value commercial and residential projects
- Advising on construction aspects of agreements for lease and development agreements
- Due diligence on construction aspects of broader real estate transactions.
About the candidate:
The right candidate will be self motivated, interested in, and committed to providing high quality technical and commercial work and be a team player. They will be ambitious, with a genuine commitment to develop their professional and legal skills.
Please note that the job description is not exhaustive and may vary in line with changes in the team’s objectives and firm’s policy.
Direct applicants only. Strictly no agencies.