The competition group comprises four partners, supported by a very collegiate and close-knit team of one senior counsel and 14 associates. The majority of the team are based at the Firm’s London offices, to which the successful individual will regularly travel to. The firm continues to commit substantial resources to develop the team further, which provides lawyers with access to a first class client list and excellent career prospects.
We are looking for experience commensurate with the level of PQE across a broad range of EU competition law matters, ideally including evidence of practical and commercial advice in the following areas of work:
- Merger control.
- Cartels and antitrust investigations.
- Compliance / advising clients in relation to competition law issues affecting distribution, technology transfer, and/or cooperation agreements, including strategic alliances and (non-full-function) joint ventures.
- Experience in areas of competition litigation and state aid would also be helpful.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Fluent in English with strong academic qualifications (minimum 2:1 degree - or equivalent - preferably with an LLM in EU and competition law).
- 3 to 5 years’ post-qualification experience across the broad spread of competition work.
- Qualified to practice in an EEA Member State (other than the UK).
- Articulate, a strong communicator and confident to deliver at the highest standard.
- Ambitious, with a genuine commitment to develop their professional and legal skills and the profile of the team.
- Committed to regular travel to the London office as and when business needs require.
Our commitment to inclusion
At Macfarlanes we understand the importance of an inclusive culture, the continued development of which has been identified as one of our key priorities. Our focus is to foster an inclusive culture throughout the firm, from entry level to partnership. We are continually reviewing our processes to ensure that everyone has the same chance to develop and advance. An inclusive, forward-thinking culture also enables us to provide innovative solutions to our clients.
We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, bringing different perspectives and experiences, making Macfarlanes an exciting and stimulating place to work. We seek to recruit the best candidates, regardless of gender, ethnicity, background, religion, physical abilities, sexual orientation or any other characteristic.
To apply, please email your CV to email@example.com.