We are a distinctive London-based law firm, focused on our clients and on delivering excellence in the international legal market.
We are large enough to advise on the most complex matters, giving you the opportunity to work for big brand clients on challenging transactions. We are also small enough to be able to give you greater responsibility in close-knit teams. The size of the firm and its culture means that everyone knows each other and people are approachable and supportive.
We are a firm which relies on the quality of its people and their experience; this is what distinguishes us from our larger competitors and enhances our reputation for solving our clients' most complex legal issues.
Our focus is to foster an inclusive culture throughout the firm, from entry level to partnership. It is about recruiting, retaining and promoting all staff in the firm fairly, and we strive to ensure that everyone has the same chance to develop and advance. An inclusive, forward-thinking culture also enables us to provide innovative solutions to our clients.
Main purpose of job
A unique opportunity has arisen for a creative lead to join our in-house design team and take our creative output to the next level. In this newly-created role, we are looking for a driven, collaborative, and pragmatic designer who will work alongside a team of three.
With a minimum of seven years’ B2B experience, you will be responsible for all creative aspects of design work produced by the team from brief to overseeing production and delivery. The role is a mixture of creative leadership as well as hands on design and art-direction.
You will thrive on new challenges, be willing to think and work in new ways, be able to present and articulate concepts clearly and influence senior stakeholders. You will have knowledge and experience working across print and digital, including web, marketing automation, video and social. You will bring fresh ideas while ensuring that all content is delivered on brand and be able to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines.
Key areas of work will include:
- setting the standard for creative work and champion best practices, processes and high standards;
- supervising the development of our template library and lead the development of marketing/communications materials;
- supporting the team day-to-day; reviewing work, advising on decisions and constructively influencing output;
- mentoring the team, facilitating a culture of collaboration and continuous improvement;
- championing global consistency across all touchpoints ensuring that language is clear, compelling and differentiating; and
- managing workflow and project timelines.
Ideally the candidate will have:
- a strong portfolio of relevant professional services work with a proven track record (please attach portfolio with application);
- a digital-first mind-set with social and video baked into thinking;
- excellent team and organisational skills, with previous experience as a key member of creative/design teams;
- a highly-developed understanding of marketing communications (strategic and tactical);
- a strong creative and strategic thinker with a natural ability to coach and mentor;
- an expert understanding of art direction, production methods and creative software (including Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Acrobat);
- expert knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite;
- the ability to plan, delegate and work on several projects at any one time;
- the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines; and
- a passion for keeping up-to-date with tools, trends, techniques and keeping a pulse on the creative industry.
Please note that the job description is not exhaustive and may vary in line with changes in the team’s objectives and firm’s policy.
Our commitment to inclusion
At Macfarlanes we understand the importance of an inclusive culture, the continued development of which has been identified as one of our key priorities. Our focus is to foster an inclusive culture throughout the firm, from entry level to partnership. It is about recruiting, retaining and promoting all groups in the firm fairly, and we are continually reviewing our processes to ensure that everyone has the same chance to develop and advance. An inclusive, forward-thinking culture also enables us to provide innovative solutions to our clients.
We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, bringing different perspectives and experiences, making Macfarlanes an exciting and stimulating place to work. We seek to recruit the best candidates, regardless of gender, race or ethnicity, background, religion, physical abilities, sexual orientation or any other characteristic.
To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or follow the link below.