Main purpose of job
Macfarlanes has an established and highly regarded training function. In order to maintain and further develop excellence in learning and development, the firm is now looking to appoint a learning & development adviser to join the learning & development team who manage the full training cycle for lawyers and business services staff.
The successful candidate will be a highly efficient organiser, with the ability to demonstrate initiative and the ability to work under pressure. Clear and confident communication skills are a must as the role involves dealing with internal clients and external contacts on a daily basis and delivering some training.
Key areas of work will include:
- Work with the learning & development managers to ensure the smooth deployment of the firm’s development programmes;
- Support the process of continual review and development of the firm’s development programmes;
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships within the firm, building confidence, trust and respect;
- Deliver some professional skills training;
- Oversee CPD compliance;
- Assist with the organisation of development centres;
- Manage other programmes such as language training and the mentoring scheme; and
- Support the development of the learning and development assistant.
- Degree educated (or equivalent) or CIPD qualified;
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a learning and development role, ideally within a law or professional services firm; and
- Experience of delivering or co-delivering professional skills training is ideal, although not essential.
- First class written and verbal communication and presentation skills;
- Efficient and effective working style;
- Ability to prioritise and meet tight deadlines;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Strong project management and organisational skills; and
- Experience of using Learning Management Systems.
Please note that the job description is not exhaustive and may vary in line with changes in the team’s objectives and firm’s policy.
Our commitment to inclusion
At Macfarlanes we understand the importance of an inclusive culture, the continued development of which has been identified as one of our key priorities. Our focus is to foster an inclusive culture throughout the firm, from entry level to partnership. It is about recruiting, retaining and promoting all groups in the firm fairly, and we are continually reviewing our processes to ensure that everyone has the same chance to develop and advance. An inclusive, forward-thinking culture also enables us to provide innovative solutions to our clients.
We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, bringing different perspectives and experiences, making Macfarlanes an exciting and stimulating place to work. We seek to recruit the best candidates, regardless of gender, race or ethnicity, background, religion, physical abilities, sexual orientation or any other characteristic.