Our marketing and business development team is looking to hire an experienced business development manager to drive the practice area marketing and business development initiatives for the litigation practice group. The successful applicant will need to have a proactive approach to their work and have strong influencing skills in order to advise effectively at partner level.
- Work with the partners to develop business development plans and create a marketing plan that supports this. Work with partners and other fee earners to provide strong project management in the implementation of the plans, ensuring activities are carried out to time and budget.
- Bring a strategic and planned approach to develop action plans for existing clients and targets.
- Develop a close understanding of the work of the group with regular attendance at departmental / team meetings.
- Provide effective reporting with strong internal communications to convey information on the group’s BD activities.
- Ensure the relevant practice areas are represented in firm wide BD activities, acting as the “eyes and ears” for cross selling and cross practice initiatives.
- Work alongside the pitch executive to provide strategic support to our pitch activity including analysing the opportunity as well as carrying out pitch debriefs internally.
- Work with the marketing communications team to implement practice-wide marketing campaigns.
- Work with partners and designated fee-earners on the development and production of all practice area materials, both on- and off-line, in line with the brand guidelines ensuring key messages are effectively communicated.
- Ensure there is effective internal communication of successes, updates etc to keep other practice areas up to date with relevant activity.
- Support partners in the preparation of directory and award submissions.
- Assist partners and the PR manager on PR initiatives and press releases.
- Keep abreast of trends in the market in order to identify potential hot topics and ideas for content.
- Effectively leverage thought leadership produced by the fee earners.
- Compile eCommunications (client newsletters and alerts) using Vuture, helping partners to pull together targeted lists (using our CRM system InterAction), monitoring reader statistics and alerting partners to any client feedback.
- Proof read documents to ensure they are aligned to house style.
- Identify opportunities for marketing events and seminars, which will help the practice develop its reputation in key target markets and generate leads in a cost effective manner.
Experience and qualifications
- Relevant professional services experience preferred.
- Experience of dealing with partners at a senior level preferred but not essential.
- An understanding or keen a desire to learn about litigation.
- Strategic, proactive and tenacious, capable of identifying, developing and gaining support for marketing and business development initiatives.
- Excellent influencing skills with the ability to establish credibility quickly at senior levels.
- Effective oral and written communication skills including the ability to challenge ideas and convention at all levels.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good team working skills – committed to continuous development of self and others.
- Strong project management skills.
Salary and benefits package competitive.
Direct applicants only. Strictly no agencies.